The Winner Stands Alone

The Winner Stands Alone - Paulo Coelho

The Winner Stands Alone is an incredibly riveting, suspenseful, and twisted story of several individuals who in one way or another participate in the Cannes Flm Festival: Igor, a Russian millionaire, and a man who posseses extraordinary intelligence and knowledge of Russian martial arts, searching to destroy worlds to get back his beloved wife Ewa; Gabriela, an american actress who's eager to land a leading role and do absolutely everything to get it, and I mean everything; Hamid, a fashion magnate from Middle East; Jasmine, a model who's on a brink of successful modelling career; and finally, detective Savoy who's hoping to resolve the case of his life.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away for you guys, but I will say this: fame isn't everything, and Coelho's way of writing of this very dark and riveting story which deals with fame and everything wicked and twisted that comes with it, convinced me that there's more to life than being a celebrity, or in other words, being rich and famous.