Dexter in the Dark.

Dexter in the Dark  - Jeff Lindsay

I don't know what went on in Jeff Lindsay's mind when he was writing this novel, and I don't know what he meant to do with it. Perhaps he tried to explain Dexter Morgan in a much deeper level to his readers and failed terribly.

He did not deliver Dexter Morgan and the rest of the important characters and annoyingly entertaining bunch, like he delivered them in Darkly Dreaming Dexter, and even in Dearly Devoted Dexter. And I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one who feels that way. Or am I ? ;)

Anyway, this isn't the kind of novel that I'm going to re-read anytime soon, since I truly struggled immensely to go through it. It's by far the worst of this series so far. And it really pales in comparison with the first two. And even the first two aren't one of Mr. Lindsay's most remarkable achievements.

It starts so great with "IT", and it continues promising for the next few chapters. But then it's like Mr. Lindsay lost his compass and ran out of the ideas with what to do next.

I was perfectly fine with Dexter Morgan hunting for a serial killer, because that is just what he does when no one is watching, and I was even okay with Dexter planning the wedding with Rita and spending some time with her kids. But I wasn't okay with the rest of the plot. I must say that I wanted more from the guy, but I got much less than I expected from him.

What I really loved throughout this book though was Deborah's character development. Oh, and the ending wasn't quite as disappointing as I thought it would be. It was good enough to keep me intrigued in this series. So I'm definitely going to stick around here for a while and hope for a much better installment. ;)